Monday, November 22, 2010

"Harry Potter" sets box office record -- and did you see it in IMAX?

Well, good morning, fellow snowy Seattleites; and how was your commute today? (Mine was an hour and a half on the bus, enlivened by a near-fistfight between a couple of cranky commuters arguing about who was in the way of whom.) And now, with headlines indicating a possible six more inches of snow today, I'm wondering whether I'll get to tonight's screening of "Burlesque." Cher, I suspect, would make it through the snow somehow. Me, I don't know. We'll see.
Meanwhile, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I" made oodles of gold this weekend, with an estimated $125 million in tickets sold. That sets a new record for the franchise, though of course it's hard to compare as many of the tickets sold were for the inflated IMAX price. Speaking of which, did any of you happen to see the movie in IMAX? Real IMAX, or fake? How was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment